Types of coyote vocalizations.. and how to do them when hunting?

Kody

Aug 20, 2008
Its going to be coyote season here in Newfoundland this Saturday and I am kind of new to the whole deal. I was wondering what are the types of coyote vocalizations and when/how should I use them, and with what other sounds?

I know howling (don't know what its for or when to use it) I know yelping( is this the same as pup distress?), barking ( don't know when to use it or how) Aren't there like interogation howls and different stuff like that too?

If someone could direct me to a website that explains it and maybe has some sounds of the different ones that would be great!

Thanks guys for taking time to help out a fellow hunter!

Also, I don't need link of where to download sounds because I know. I want to use a mouth call and learn exactly what it is that I am "saying" in coyote or what the call means. Like a friendly howl is a bark and then a howl where the middle is the highest pitch. Stuff like that but for all the different ones, like challenge howl and interrogation howl.

There has got to be someone here that hunts coyotes and uses a howler with a good understanding of how and what he is doing!!

Most of the time, when you use a call for coyote, you use a rabbit in distress call. Dinner time! Old Wile E Coyote comes a running. But there are lonesome howls, pup distress calls, and group howls. The website has the different calls you can listen to for better understanding. Hope you bag a couple.

http://sdsnake.com/coyote.htm

Back