Truck that is having wrist pin issues?

Kaleb

Jul 24, 2008
Ok, I have a dilemma. I'm trying to get rid of my truck and I have a guy wanting to trade me a Nissan hardbody. Its pretty much the truck I was looking for but it has wrist pin issues. The engine only has 35000 miles on it. whereas mine has almost 220000 miles on it. Would it be worth it if all it needed was a wrist pin? Or would I just be wasting my time?
And To dangerII I wouldnt be putting the wristpin in myself. Im just going to remove the piston and arm then take it to a machine shop and let them put a new wrist pin and bushing. But with that being said what are your thoughts?

DOES IT KNOCK ONLY AFTER START UP AND THEN GO COMPLETELY AWAY? IF SO THEN THAT COULD BE NORMAL. MY TOYOTA 22R DID THAT FOR OVER 400K MILES HELL ITS PROBABLY STILL DOING IT.

I would say that your better off if your interested in it is to either get a rebuilt engine for it or have a machine shop rebuilt it for you.But what I would do is different from what you might want to do just to cut through all of it is go get either a rebuilt engine or get a used engine somewhere of the same type.Those wrist pin issues for the engine should be left up to a machine shop to fit them to the pistons the right way or you'll have problems.

Back