Trouble having sex after HIV+ Diagnosis?

markf

May 14, 2008
So I was diagnosed HIV+ about two months ago and I've been handling it pretty well. Emotionally I've accepted it and am intergrating it into my daily life, and most of my friends and family now know. The anxiety has eased off and I'm feeling like myself again. That being said, and me feeling "normal" again I thought maybe I could start dating again and met a great guy (I'm gay) and we have an amazing connection and I haven't met someone like him in quite some time. Well when we tried having sex, it was akward......I just couldn't maintain an erection and the thought of my status was constantly in the back of my mind. He knows I'm Positive and is totally ok with it and was fine with condoms and everything I felt like it was all my problem which it was. This was the first time I tried having sex since my diagnosis and I'm assuming it's probably to soon, but I don't wanna lose this guy as lame as that sounds. Any advice? Anyone else go through this. It's truly throwing me through a loop and actually making me kinda depressed? Anything advice would help......

Back