Thinking My Clutch Is About To Go Out... Noise From There On Both Sides of Bike...

blk600cc

Dec 8, 2008
2004 Yamaha R6? Over the past month, I have noticed some rattling noise on my bike mainly on the right side. So I removed the fairings and plastics and I got closer to hearing where it's coming from. Granted, the valves are ticking but very minor... I hear all Yamaha sport bikes do that from people who have the same as mine. So I'm not worried about that for the time being.

But anyway, after the bike warms up, you can hear rattling from the clutch area. If you pull in the clutch lever, the sound decreases some but it is still there. Then if you let the clutch out (in neutral) and it idles, then the noise increases again.

Bike has 23K miles on it. I don't do wheelies or anything like that. Take it to the track maybe once or twice a month but mainly used to get to work, school etc... Runs low 11s so kind of hard to stay away from there haha. But yeah... what parts do you think will have to be replaced based off the info I've given? Thanks
But at the same time, it does not make this noise when riding or when cold. It does a lil' when cold but it's more noticeable when the engine is warm. Also, it never had a hard time shifting. Shifts great for the most part.

And, this noise came up after I changed the oil in it. Before the oil change (one month ago), the noise wasn't really there. But now, it is. Has a Castrol Part Synthetic 10W-40 in it now. Not sure what it had in it before I bought it. Maybe if I change the oil to a thicker oil for synthetic, it will be better? I live in AZ so it's already 90 degrees so I may go thicker cause summer is coming up.

Back