The text messaging app on my Blackberry Bold 9900 got deleted?

shhhe

Jul 20, 2008
Here's what happened (this has only happened once before and I was able to fix the problem with a battery-pull): When I was finished using my phone, I simply put it down and it restarted itself. When it turned back on, the battery went from halfway full to practically dead, and I got an error pop-up saying something like "unexpected error: no application insurance". (That's what I remember, it may be inaccurate.) Then, I pressed 'OK' and it took me to my homescreen, where the text messaging app is missing. I still had access to my messages (by searching for a previous message) so I'm assuming the app was just hiding somewhere, but I looked around and couldn't find it anywhere. Any idea what might be causing this?

Some other weird stuff that's been going on - it crashes or requires a battery-pull more often than I think it should; it freezes a lot (mostly in the Twitter app, but this problem stopped after I updated the app); and the battery drains very quickly (even though I don't leave apps open and I turn off my phone when I'm not using it). Any info you have would be greatly appreciated!

Back