The Eagles (Band) Tours?

Pratt

Feb 13, 2011
The Eagles have been on tour since early 2008 for their Long Road Out of Eden album, I got to see them May 2010. This tour has been extended way beyond the original time, over a year of more shows with 2010 and now 2011. Don Henley has said that LROE is their final album. I wanna know who thinks that they certainly can and should continue to make more music/albums? That's it's still pretty early to be calling quits? (Look at the Rolling Stones, or The Who, a whole decade ahead of them, and still no sign of stopping) What are your thoughts? Also, let's not forget the "Farewell 2" Tour that Glenn Frey hinted at during the Farewell 1 concert. If they were to do a Farewell 2, which I think they could and should, whats songs should they play? Here's a few I think they should do:

Get Over It (not played since HFO)
New York Minute (not since HFO)
Do Something (LROE album, instead of Love will keep us alive)
Last Good Time in Town (LROE album, instead of Guilty of the Crime)
Timothy B Schmit solo songs??? (instead of several Don Henley and Joe Walsh's solo's played over and over again)
Glenn Frey solos as well??
Overall... If it is set-in-stone true that LROE is the end, I am satisfied enough as a fan, though surely not 100%, and a tad disappointed, leaving myself and all fans to only wonder/imagine how much more potential was still left? But I guess it's partially about quality, not quantity(how many years? how many albums?) Either way they are going down in history as one the most influential rock bands of all time, and remain in my top 10, if not the top 5!! What are everyone's thoughts and feelings?

Back