sprinkler pump :runaway:

Apr 10, 2008
because st is full of plumbers and electricians. i plead you for some help, as it is sunday, the last day of the weekend, and i want this done now...

installed 1.5hp sprinkler pump from home depot, pumps water from local canal.
plugged the ac power (via screws, you know, the annoying ones..) and the ground. pump makes a hum, then die. i dont mean explosian die :)tdown: :dodgy:) i mean, trip breaker die

few beers later, and another run through the manuel, couldnt find a thing...
all power connected :tup:
ground connected :tup:
engine primed to the specifications to the lump of useless paper that came with the engine :tup:

what am i missing?

water is on, we can pump water and it comes up through the water system..
we also primed it.

well thank you, however, i get annoyed when there isnt enough threads in st.. so i do my part.

What kind of amperage does the pump require? your breaker may not be able to handle the load that is being pulled from the pump + whatever is wired into it.

we bought the pump the closest we could find to the original one, i dont think that is the problem.

we were thinkin that the power isnt down converted, and the switch (115/220) should be switched to 220. even though this is america...

new pump straight from home depot..

i just broke out another one, thanks for the suggestion

we already returned one cause it looked used, and we MADE sure this one defiantly wasnt used.

you put a super charger on top of your turbo charger and you should get at least 40% more hp with both of them put together.

>9000

cause that is soooo possible.

mind if i remind you, its a sprinkler pump, not my car./

Back