Sports Bike for a petite woman?

Jocelyn

Apr 11, 2008
Hi! So the wife wants a sports bike (probably because I'm going to be buying a cruiser-hmph). She has sat on a few bikes but they were just too big and heavy.

She's 130lb and 5'2". She's not a thrill freak or daredevil. She's a very safe driver who won't be doing any stunts or 0-60 in 1.3 seconds kind of driving. Looking for a bike that's very sporty and sleek looking but suited for her height and somewhat light.

Any ideas, please? Bike manufacture and model would be great so I can start researching for her. Also it will be used-not brand new. Geographic location: Southern Alberta (That's in Canada-yes we have roads up here. Pretty amazing, eh?)

Thanks!

I love these people who suggest a bike with a 30.5" tall saddle for a female with a 26" inseam -- she wants to sit at a stop at tippy-toes? They also suggest a Ninja 250R or a Honda CBE250R -- at 375 or 357 pounds.

A motorcycle she can flat-foot at a stop, fast enough, light enough, a Yamaha V-Star / Virago 250 --27" tall saddle, 323 pounds wet, capable of 75 mph cruising (if you swap sprockets.)

Other possibles, the Honda Rebel 250 and the Suzuki GZ250. You want sleek, bob it -- and make it even lighter.

Ok so... I am 5 foot 11 and I sat on a Suzuki gsxr... I was wrapped around it like a daddy long legs on a pencil... Random simile but it proves a point... Suzuki sports bikes are rather short... If not then why not try a Kawasaki ER6 for a more realistic life choice?

Kawasaki Ninja 250 or Honda CBR250. The Honda is a recently introduced model (new in 2011, I believe), so not many used ones will be for sale.

Back