Sport bikes: Where to start track racing?

Tyler

May 13, 2008
Ok, heres my situation... I am new to sport bikes but not at all to motorcycles. I have ridden and raced dirtbikes for as long as i could walk.

I have driven sport bikes in parking lots :/ from 250cc's up to my friends R1. I fell in love with the R6 and nothing you guys say will get me to change my mind. :)

So here is the question, I want to find a nearby track (I'm in Livermore, CA) that has enforced beginner days.

Here is why I want to start on a track/parking lot... Even if I wanted to ride on street, I'm 18 and my parents would kill me. Maybe some small cruises around town but I have a huge respect for the bike. I have two friends who are the last people left of a 20 man motorcycle group... it took something like 5 years to kill 18 of them... They were hard riders though. racing away from cops and going 120 in a 25 zone. Their rides are always fun to hear about and the thought of flying on a bike sounds great but the reality is scary and I do not want to lose my life before I get married...

So yeah... Looking for the closest beginner friendly track to Livermore, CA.

Anyone?

Back