Spore thinks its not connected to the internet, but i am? (will pick best answer!!)?

SniffleS

Oct 21, 2008
I am having trouble getting onto spore. I double click the short-cut, but an error message comes up. Ive asked to other questions related to this, but non have helped.

To help you answer this question, are are some details from other people:

Hi, I'm on a mac and I just bought the full version of Spore. When I got home I installed it and inserted my serial key. Everything was going fine until the program started up. It got the the splash screen and then it give me this message.

"The game needs access to the internet in order to verify ownership of this game. Please ensure your computer is on-linee and try again."

I have checked I amon-linee. I have turned off my firewall, I have reinstalled the game, and I have reset my computer. I am at college and I am part of a network so my guess is that the network is somehow stopping spore from accessing the internet. However, other programs don't seem to have this problem.

----
Being on a college network, i suspect (like most schools) there is a security program preventing access to gaming websites etc from the main server, and this is probably whats stopping that guys spore. Is it something to do with when i try to access certain website, a scurity alert pops up? how do i turn this off? Or is it not to do with this entirely?

Thanks in advance. (i will pick best answer) :)

Back