Spiritually speaking; Whoa, hold on a sec with this new Karate Kid movie?

EvaUnit02Pilot

Oct 1, 2009
So today I went to see How to Train Your Dragon (which was awesome) and I had watched the movie trailer for the new Karate Kid remake. After watching it, I just realize that the movie's about a kid who moves to Beijing, gets picked on by a bunch of Chinese kids, and learns Kung Fu. Now tell me how the hell the movie could be called "The Karate Kid" when it is clearly Kung Fu. Not only that, how can someone be so stupid to make a remake of the awesome 1984 The Karate Kid?
Excuse me Applehunter if you weren't so lazy as to rest your arrow on my user name, you would have seen that it says "02"

They'll remake anything if they think they can make money on it. I have no desire at all to see another Karate Kid movie.

Why does the kid move to Beijing though?

I thought all the karate kid movies were set in america?

Wtf?

Also, wrong Unit.

you can tell by looking at the trailer that it's going to be a chinese propaganda movie, where they are showing all of their culture and practices and all that stuff to make the viewers think that's how it really is in china.

and it's filled with subliminal messages, one is the fact that black kid represent Obama and he is learning from the Chinese man and felt that China had always been his home, is basically telling the americans "look your president Obama should learn from us Chinese".

Back