speeding ticket question. please help.?

Hillary

Jul 8, 2008
I was going 81 in a 55. By the way, I know what I did was wrong. I was on the interstate where I thought the speed limit was 70, but apparently it changed in the area that I was in. I am under 21 years old so by law I should have my license suspended. I want to take a defensive driving class but I don't know if I should take it before my court date or if I should wait. I don't need people telling me I should lose my license and such because I already know that I made a mistake. I'm about to start college and I need to be able to drive back and forth from home to school and to work everyday. If I lose my license I won't be able to go to college and everything that I've been working for these last four years will be gone. I need my job because I have to pay for school and my car payments. I live with only my mom and she can't pay for it alone. This is my first offense. I've never been pulled over with a warning or anything. I'm not worried about paying the money I just can't loose my job. Thanks to all of you that are trying to help me and not just put me down even more than I already am about this.

Good luck with that, all are equal under the law and you will be judged based on the facts of the case.

IF you take the class it will look better in court. I think since it is your first offense you will be fine. It also depends on state and county you are in. I would call a traffic lawyer in your area and get a free consoltation for the best answer to your question. This way it will insure you have the facts before walking into court. It might even be suggested that you get a traffic lawyer if you need someone to prove your case.

Back