So you want a Tattoo .....

im thinking abouth geting a germanic cross with a scale behind it some how, or make the scale a part of the cross.. i dunno.. and on each end of the scale i want japanese Kanji for war and peace.

Okay, here's a design I've recently finished working on. I didn't draw it but have made a lot of updates to the original design of the person who did draw it.

I'm not asking for people's opinion on the basic design itself. Obviously I like it or I wouldn't be considering getting it inked onto my body. What I am asking is whether anyone can see any obvious areas that need improvement, areas that need polishing, touching up etc. Also, is the level of detail feasible for a tattoo? Thanks.

And those black birds on the black field will probably need to be changed, they won't show up well

Its going to end up being quite a big tat, shoulder blade, back etc.

As Mei said, you'll need to change the crow so it shows up.

Its definaitely doable. without changing anything...

A good artist will water wash some areas to greyscale them so that detalis show up...

At that size, your talking 2hrs minimum, probably closer to 3. Depending on where you go, that means 150 - 200 quid

Well your articale certainly gave me even more to keep in mind before I get my first ink.

I have two, one on each arm. I'm going to get another one for my birthday next year... something on my left shoulder, I reckon. I've always been partial to the celtic dog design, so it will certainly be something along those lines. Personally, with the celtic knotwork, I like more color than most. One of my tattoos is a celtic dog design, but in shades of blue, rather than the more common black.

For my next tattoo, my wife and I are going to get related designs... not identical but sharing similar inspiration.

I have six.

Black Celtic sun with the dog design in the middle over an armband on my left upper arm. I was quite priviledged to have these done 20 years ago by the legendary Mickey Sharpz who poineered Celtic designs in tatooing. Apparently he was the first to do so being inspired by George Bain's books.

I have a black tree on my left upper arm with the routes intertwining to form another armband

A black tribal design down my spine, a Haida thunderbird below this and a black tribal job on my left calf.

I second the comment on sunburning your new tattoos, people! A friend of mine had a beautiful flower done on her back shoulder and ruined it by getting sunburned before the tattoo healed. Now you can barely tell its a flower.

Very good info. And yes, it has pretty much convinced me not to get a tattoo lol. Alas, I already have piercings

I have a Circle A (anarchy) on my right lower leg. And I have the Renzo Gracie logo on my left shoulder blade. I did that when I got my blue belt.

My back piece is almost finished. Just needs some shading and fine finish work.

Tony, you about?

Back