Should the making/selling of cigarettes be made illegal?

Oct 1, 2011
I really think so - Im sorry smokers - I used to smoke and I would have felt the same as you probably do.

How can people manufacture and sell cigarettes when its so harmful and in some cases deadly?Especially in this day and age. Its ridiculous that I have people in my own family being given a rope with which to HANG themselves by these companies these.... conscience disregard-ers

We have thousands of rules and regulations, health and safety but we STILL sell cigarettes.

Yeah... one of my pretty good friends is addicted, and it sucks. =/
we smoke weed, and then while we're high the first thing on his mind is still cigs..

No, I feel it infringes on the rights of individuals who do smoke. Health and Safety regulations are still followed by tobacco companies. Notice the giant label that lists all the adverse health effects. The companies come straight out and say smoking is bad for your health, it may cause cancer. In the end it's up to us to decide whether or not to smoke. We don't need the government becoming an overbearing mother telling us what to do and how to live, more so than they already do. No need to blame an industry for your bad decisions.

and I don't even smoke.

YES perevnt the next generations from having the chance to smoke in the first place. make it illegal to sell cigarette to anyone born after 2000 even when they become adults

Back