Should people on public assistance have cell phones, cars, cable, etc...?

JO

Jun 9, 2008
Should people who are living off of government checks such as Welfare, Food Stamps, Projects, in essence I am talking about people who do not work, all their living expenses are paid for by the government, and they are not mentally ill or physically disabled, should they be allowed to have cell phones, fancy cars, fancy stero equipment, Big Screen TVs? Shouldn't any spare money they have for these luxuries be used to repay the government?

I am not talking about Social Security (except those who are here illegaly and drawing it).
I am talking about people who have been on these programs for generations. And don't say there aren't any because there are 100's of Thousands of them.
Chatty, I see why you use this name. You need to wake honey, what you just described was unbelievably naive

Wow. You sound like an authoritarian communist. Maybe you'd like slavery brought back. If people are receiving public assistance, maybe, by your standards, they should all wear yellow stars of David on their shirts.

Back