Should I sell my xbox to buy a bike?

Cooper

May 20, 2008
I have a brand new xbox elite I've barely played but since it's summer now and I want to lose a little weight, I thought maybe I'd buy a bike. I'd get less than half of what I paid for the xbox by selling it on craigslist, but that's how it works I guess. I asked my parents to get me the bike but they said no, they won't buy something they think I won't use. I'd LOVE a bike, I'd ride it at least twice a day. :|

They said I have to buy it myself though so fine. Before I sell my xbox though (like I said it's brand new and I love it, I've barely used it, but it's the only way I could get a bike) would riding a bike in the morning and at night help me lose weight, esp if I'm eating less?

I've tried jogging instead but I'm so out of shape I can barely run 15 minutes and that's not going to cut it. I could ride a bike a lot longer and it'd be more fun so I wouldn't get bored as fast.

I LOVE my xbox like I said and I'd barely even get a fraction of what I paid for it, but :( I really want to lose some weight. So would a bike actually help or would jogging drop the weight faster? Would selling my xbox be worth it?
I only want a bike if it'd help me lose weight faster than jogging would.
If someone can give me a good answer you'll get ten points. I just want to know which would be better for weight loss (as in faster results) - biking vs jogging, esp since I've been jogging for a while and I still can't get past 15 minutes. It's also frustrating since I'm not that overweight, I'm barely even chubby. I just want to lose like.. 10 pounds. That makes it 50x harder to lose weight and see results with running.

Back