Should I Join A Frat?

gaines252

Apr 19, 2008
So last night during my emo fuckfest I got to thinking, should I join a frat to meet more people? I wouldn't want to join like a nerdy engineering one or anything, I have been to those and those people both piss me off and disturb me. What does ST think? Should I sacrifice what I think is my independence to join a frat with the possibility of meeting womenz and being happy?

i would join a frat if i went to a normal college.

then again i don't know shit about normal college so i dunno....

Thinking for the fall.

I refuse to be hazed or any of that bullshit, I know a lot of places that's banned but I wont do it.

I'm sure you can find one that won't. Of course, some frats will lie to you to get pledges, in which case you can just fucking leave if they decide to.

I wouldnt join one just to meet peope considering most frats are full of pricks. Pick one with people you like and get along with, and then i think your stupid not to join. Frats can be an awesome experience, just pick the right one.

That's good advice. Any way I could find out besides talking to people? I don't want anyone to know I'm considering one, because then I get pressure from everyone to join theirs. Getting me to join would be a huge pickup for anyone, it'd be like drafting Lebron James in the third round. ;)

Actually my gay prof knows a ton about them and can tell me about them, and he said he wanted to hang out so I could we go get beers. I know Pike is probably the most hated here.

the pikes. oh, lawd, the pikes.

most recent thing i've heard anyone say about them was something to the effect of not wanting to go there to play beer pong because they didn't want to leave with herpes.

rofl, you serious? We talked about frats the one day in my comm class and everyone agreed that the Pikes were the most hated. I see a lot of them around, they ripped off the old NWO logo. How cool of them. :dodgy:

All my friends now are fucking alcoholic tools. It's always the same shit with them. All they ever wanna do is drink. And it's always with the same fucking hillbillies. And the same shitty music. Pretty much why I quit hanging out with them and am hoping one of them gets a DUI as a huge wakeup call. None of them are tough for a night in the clink.

Back