Should I give up? She doesn't seem interested. Please read? Long story...?

masterninja438

Nov 5, 2011
I'm a college student and over the past month and a half (class is once a week), I developed the courage to talk to the girl I like. I think she's beautiful and a lot like me. We are both video game nerds. Anyways, we have spoken very little and I always approached her. Conversations were very short at first but then it was simple answers. Sometimes we speak and sometimes we don't (usually the latter). When we don't speak I usually greet her or wish her a good weekend.

She is shy (like me) but she made a friend in the class and they talk a bit (he's old so I'm not worried). But she doesn't make any effort to talk to me. I'm wondering if I should just move on and give up since it looks like shes not interested. She's always smiling though but not sure if she's just like that. I simply don't want to give up though. I think she's perfect. But is it worth just asking her out for lunch even though we have only spoken a few times? At this point I feel like I failed but I just want to get it over with. That way I'll get closure or I'll go out with her (even though I know what the answer is going to be). I feel a bit heartbroken.

Also wouldn't she know I like her? I mean, I'm the only guy whose approached her to speak out of no where and I looked very nervous doing it. I simply don't understand why she hasn't initiated conversations with me or doesn't say much when I've spoken to her. She does talk with the other classmate I mentioned earlier. I don't want to give up yet I hate feeling this way for her because I'm only hurting myself at the same time. Any advice?

Back