Should I get Xfinity 4G? (torrent-related)?

coinoperatedboy

Oct 5, 2011
Should I get Xfinity 4G? (torrent question)

I just moved into a new dorm and am using the school's wireless network, but I think they block torrents. Whenever I try to open a .torrent file in my uTorrent, the download is added but it doesn't start downloading, and the little yellow triangle at the bottom right tells me "No incoming connections".

Only the Magnet Links on thepiratebay torrents work (I think the .torrent file download is blocked as well but I can start it). However torrents from, say, nyaatorrents can be downloaded but they just won't start downloading, like the availability bar is just all red.

Unfortunately, I can't get my own broadband because I'm apparently in a commercial district. The only other option is Comcast's Nationwide Preferred 4G plan. The speeds won't be ideal but it's unlimited usage, apparently. Do you think this is a good idea? It's pretty expensive ($75 a month) and it has its faults, from what I hear, but it seems to be the best choice there is (AT&T only provides up to 5GB a month of usage (after which it'll charge 10 bucks per GB), which I'll definitely exceed, and Clear, while cheaper and also offering no overage fees is extremely unrealiable, according to reviews).

I don't know, what do you think? :/

(And if you're about to answer "downloading torrents is a crime/sin/unforgivable curse!" don't waste your letters. :3)
If you have alternatives for getting around the torrent block, I'd like to hear about them as well.

Back