should i get a Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel Celeron Processor 585 or...

Zell

Jun 28, 2008
...a Compaq - Presario Laptop? should i get a Toshiba - Satellite Laptop with Intel Celeron Processor 585 or a Compaq - Presario Laptop both of them have a single core and cost $400. if i get a dual core processor which is 2.00 ghz or a single core processor which is also 2.00 ghz will it change the speed

A dual core would always be faster than a single core... two is better than one. Dual cores can multitask better due to being able to process things side by side on the two cores. $400 is ridiculous for a single core processor nowadays.

It's true as they say, dual core will inevitably be faster for multitasking, though not as stable sometimes, from my experience. It really depends on whether you want to save more on the battery (Celeron), or multitask and sip a bit more power. Believe it or not, I was once tried using a Celeron to run Adobe After Effects CS3 - and it managed. Another choice you have here is between two reliable brands. Toshiba, being the more efficient and reliable of the two can balance out this match depending on the way you like to use your comp, focused, or multitasking.

I also recommend Tiger Direct if you want the most bang for the buck. Good luck!

Back