Should I get a Dalmatian or a German Shorthaired Pointer?

Melia

Feb 28, 2008
I want a dog that will be ok with jogging 1,2 or 3 miles once a day and a walk once or twice a day. And if I miss jogging one day the dog wont chew my couch or bark like there is no tomorrow. A dog that is good with cats and other dogs. Fine with strangers, very affectionate. I want to do agility, maybe obedience or rally with this dog.
Out of all the breeds I have looked at (I want a shorthaired medium to large sized dog) I have narrowed it down to these 2 breeds.

take it from me dals will destroy things we had one that if we didnt take her out for a walk twice a day she would tear up everything and howl to high heaven i love the dog cause she is adorable but we ended up giving her to someone who lives in the country and she could run and run to her hearts content

most people will tell you that a Dal is crazy well so can a be a GSPointer. Just remember that while your out on your jog the Pointer will want to hunt and point thus taking you off course.
I have a friend who happens to be a trainer who has always owned Dal's and have put many tittles on them. Pointers are good also but you may want to get into their sport. Any dog can be well behaved if trained, socialized, and loved.

Back