should i buy my fiance a cellphone?

dickeyharsh

Mar 20, 2009
my fiance cheated on me and had a son by another man, she lives overseas. she is my first love and i honestly still love her to this day even after what she did. all i can think about is being with her and taking care of her and her son whose father is not even in the picture. last time we talked she said she was getting a cellphone so that we could keep in touch but to no avail (she lives in a 3rd world country). we talked last week n she said she has a hernia which needs to be surgically removed. it sucks bad because we live apart. what do u think>?
ok, heres what happened. during the time she got pregnant we broke up for a while due to issues on my end and since then we got back and i still love her. i wanna think above my emotions but its kinda hard,. no other girls out here interest me at all and none of them compares to he because she accepts me how i am and ive never had that with grls out her.
well, the only way i could get her a phone was if isend her the money. so, im not actuslly sending the phone from here.

I wouldn't. If she wants to keep in touch with you, let her make the move. It's nice enough that you're accepting her and her son. It's good to know that you can forgive and put it all behind you. It's the only way to be happy. :eek:)

I wouldn't. If she wants to keep in touch with you, let her make the move. It's nice enough that you're accepting her and her son. It's good to know that you can forgive and put it all behind you. It's the only way to be happy. :eek:)

It's only a cell phone, it's not like you are buying her a car or anything like that, besides you can get it with yours as a family plan and that way you will know who she calls and for how long because you will be getting the bills.

I don't see a problem with it, i got my bf a cell phone and our communication got so much better.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! If you want to get her a phone, send her some cash and have her get her OWN cel phone. IF she takes advantage of you and racks up a huge bill (and you've co-signed, or your name is on the account) your credit is screwed. Don't do it.

sounds like you have made up your mind, just add her to your account if you have one, but since she's in another country you might just want to look into skype and calling that way. its a lot cheaper. whatever you do just be smart, you have to be with someone that cares as much for you as you do for her.

If you love her, then yes why not? You must have a big heart to find forgiveness for her previous cheating. And thats ok. Its a personal choice most of us have to make at some stage. A phone will definitely help your communication with her. But it will also help her communication with a lot of other people too, possibly even to cheat again. So as long as you are ok with that, then no problem.

3rd world girls will do anything to get some of your fortune dude....hernia? hmm...never heard that one yet; usually there mother is dying in the hospital.

Sounds a bit sused to me, whats to say she will actually use the money to get a phone? If shes in a third world country she will certainly have other needs...and how will she continue to pay to use the phone?

Sounds a bit sused to me, whats to say she will actually use the money to get a phone? If shes in a third world country she will certainly have other needs...and how will she continue to pay to use the phone?

Don't set yourself up for failure. Don't do it. It is hard when the heart wants to take the lead but don't do it.

I know the term.....but I have to keep this PG. I think you should get her a cell phone!! A pre-paid cell though, then later get her a regular cell when you can gain more trust, also after you all are married and she is living with you!!

Don't set yourself up for failure. Don't do it. It is hard when the heart wants to take the lead but don't do it.

Back