Relationship problem please help?

DavidD

May 13, 2008
What should I do about my "relationship?
I have been with my boyfriend/partner for 1 year. I truly love him unconditionally however when we started to date he had told me that he was coming out of 8 year old relationship with someone a lot older than him, to be exact he is 34 and the other guy is 65 and I’m 27 so you got the picture. Because I love and loved him a lot I told him that’s fine I understand and respect the fact that he is coming out of a relationship and it also gave me a confidence that he is capable of having long term relationships” that’s what I’m looking for” and that’s why I continued my dating with him and then it went into more intense and deep relationship. We had our ups and downs in the past 1 year however I was always understanding towards him and very patient. It came a to a point and time when he told me that he couldn’t see me every day and he could see me only 1-2 a week because the other man was giving him hard time and he was too scared of something might happen with the old guy. I know most of you would ask me why did I put up with him and the only answer I have is because I loved and still love him with my entire heart and I’ve told him that several times and also told him that his happens is my priority and if he is happy than I’m happy. To make the long story short over the Memorial Day weekend I had a planed a small trip to Carmel CA and he knew about this well in advance. That week I saw him on Thursday and he told me that he’ll be going to Vegas with the older man because older guy had surprised him with Vegas trip. It was extremely difficult for me to accept it but I was still understanding about the situation because I didn’t want anything bad to happen with the old man. I had told my boyfriend to text when he gets there safe and sound and he did. I didn’t talk with because he turned his cell phone off; him until he came back from Vegas on Tuesday. After he came back we had a conversation he told me that he wants to be best friends with me and nothing will change in our relationship but we are not going to be intimately active with each other aka relationship without sex.
I asked him what’s going to happen with the old man and his response was “Babe I have to be with him to take care of him because he is old and I’m scared something will happen, and when I’m with you I know I’m killing him slowly so lets just be best friends have the same “relationship” but no sex and maybe when older man retires and possible leaves country we’ll be together because we both are young and smart”. Like I said in the begging I love him a lot and I’m a type of a person that when I love someone I’ll give my everything but what he is asking from me is to scarifies my happiness for a 65 year old man. After that conversation I kept myself away from him and he started texting me telling me that he missed me and loves me no matter what and wants to see me for the last time before I leave him, because he wants to give me something. I told him that I need my own time and space and I’m not leaving him and we are going to be just friends as he wanted. His text messages are all about how lucky he is that he has me in his life and knows me and that he’ll be really happy if I never leave him for rest of his life, so I’m so confused about this situation and don’t know what else to do, however meantime he is spending time with this 65 year old guy. He asked me a few times to see me and I responded that I need time to digest all of this before I’m able to meet up with him however we spoke on the phone for a few times but that’s it. Please help me what do you guys think I should do. Thanks

Now he wants us to be "best friends" basically have the same relationship but no commitment he keeps on repeating that i'm a free man and i can do anything i want then he said that he wants to have sex with but still be friends... I'm so confused and not sure what to do how should i handle this situation please help me and don't be mean. Thank you

Way too much to read,.

Way too much drama after only 1 yr. of dating.

MOVE ON

I'm sorry hon but you have a lot of love to give and this guy isn't worth wasting it on. You deserve commitment and the same unconditional love you give your boyfriend. When you find the right person you should never feel you are sacrificing the way you seemed to be for the 65 year old man. Please do yourself a favor and find someone new. Best of Luck <3

Back