really need some HELP! car audio install?

Kosta

Jun 6, 2008
i just need some advice and really need some help, ok so i have a pioneer headunit that is brand new with 2x rca preouts one goes to a 250rms sub and the other goes to a 4 channel amp that powers 2 rear speakers (type s alpine rated 80 watts rms) and 2 jvc front component speakers rated at 60 watts rms the problem im having is that when i turn my HU up past 25 (goes to 62) the speakers start to bottum out and pop, this is when the 4 channel amp is on the normal setting (had LPF normal and HPF setting) when i put the amp to HPF the popping stops but why are these speakers doing this they were fairly expensive oh and by the way the 4 channel amp puts out 60 watts rms at 4 ohms (all my speakers are 4 ohms) ive checked wiring and all seems to be fine positive to positive negative to negative etc the weird thing is that i had my settings on normal and i dont remember the speakers popping i had the head unit up to 50 with no distortion (only for brief period for testing ) and then now they pop really loud and dont sound good at all when the amp is on normal setting any help would be appreciated (the 4 channel amp has been swaped to thats not the problem and so has the headunit) when i look at the speakers when on hpf setting they dont fluxuate alot but when ojn normal setting they seem to have a much larger range of movement. my grounds are fairly solid as well could it be a ground loop issue speakers partially blown??? thanks guys

A 4 Channel ! ! ! !

Your head unit can not power an amp, as what you have listed.

OK so lets break down your channels, 2 speaker front, left and right < (2Channels) 2 rear speakers(2channels) that is 4 ! ! ! Where is your sub ?if you want to hook up a sub you are going to have to double up the oms and bridge the sub across a channel.

Or get another amp.

And as for your "HD" turned up past 25, you have your amp adjusted to high thus causing you speakers to be over whelmed with power !!!!!

Back