Question about Jesus Christ?

Bloodknight

Mar 17, 2013
Some people are saying Jesus is God?! I thought Jesus is son of God.. If we say Jesus is God isn't that two God?!?

But when we say I accept Jesus as my "Lord" and savior...

some also say God and Jesus are one..

Just that when people say Jesus is God ((Isn't this Satan/Lucifer tricky? into saying Jesus is God and ignored the real true God?""

It sound like Devil trying to test Jesus on the Pride thing by making him (Jesus) God... That the very thing that got Lucifer cast out of Heaven because he wanted to be God!

I understand that there only one true God, and Jesus is son of God.. We accept him as lord and savior in order to wash our sin and though Jesus we go to God.

Can someone explain this to me? Isn't there a word for it.. i mean seem like the word God doesn't fit for Jesus, I mean he is son of God.. but not God.. -scratches head-

the easiest way for me to explain is ice, water, and steam. they are not the same thing yet are all water. jesus is not god who we refer to as god, but he is god in the same properties

Jesus is God in the Flesh. God is three in one persons he is The Creator of all things-GOD
He is God in a Flesh earthly body- Jesus Christ and he is God in a Spirit form-The Holy Spirit.
In order for man to have a way to be forgiven for all sin it would take a man that was without sin, and there was none on earth without sin. So in order for there to be a man with out sin that could
bare the sins of all of mankind or for those who so ever will accept him, God himself would become a man and he himself would take the place of all the sinners who would accept and believe in him. This being Jesus Christ the Son of God, God in the Flesh.
I think what a lot of people don't understand is that ever since the fall of Adam in the Garden and sin entering into the world that everyone is born into original sin, and therefore is a sinner.
Every one is going to pay for there sins one way or the other. They have a choice they can either accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and let him pay for the sins that they have done, which he already has, that was why he had to give up his life on the Cross, or they can pay for them themselves, by spending eternity in Hell, paying for them same sins over and over and over for eternity, But one way or the other everyone is going to pay, the choice is theirs.

The problem with a lot of people is that they fail to understand that Jesus had a dual nature. He was both true man and true God.

As true man.........He was born, but as true God, He said, "Before Abraham was, I AM.' - Jn. 8:58

As true man.........He was tired, but as true God, He said, "Come unto me, all ye that are weary and heavy laden, and I will give you rest - Mt. 11:28

As true man........He was hungry, but as true God, He fed the multitudes - Jn 4:14

As true man......He was thirsty, but as true God, He said, "whosoever shall drink of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst again - Jn 7

as true man..........He professed not to know the final day of judgment, but as true God, He accepted Peter's statement, "Lord you know all things"

as true man.......He died, but as true God, He said, "I am the Resurrection and the Life, He that believeth in me shall never die" - Jn. 11:25

Jesus is, always has been, and always will be GOD!

I am a son of my father. Dad is human, so therefore I am human.

Jesus is the Son of God. God is Deity, so therefore the Son is Deity.

Jesus plainly stated that he was more than a good man. He said: “I am God’s Son.” (John 10:36) Of course, anyone could claim to be the Son of God. But if Jesus’ claim were false, what would that make him? Really, not a good man, but a great fraud!

The most reliable testimony came from God himself. He twice said concerning Jesus: “This is my Son.” (Matthew 3:17; 17:5)

Just think: The Scriptures report only a few occasions when God’s own voice was heard on earth yet on two of them he affirmed Jesus as his Son! This is by far the best proof that Jesus was who he said he was.

Jesus never claimed to be God, but he repeatedly spoke of himself as “God’s Son.” Even his enemies acknowledged this. (John 10:36; 19:7)

Jesus was ever conscious of exalting the Father and subordinating himself to Him, as he confessed: “The Son cannot do a single thing of his own initiative, but only what he beholds the Father doing.

For whatever things that One does, these things the Son also does in like manner. I cannot do a single thing of my own initiative because I seek, not my own will, but the will of him that sent me.”

Again, he said: “I am a representative from him, and that One sent me forth.” He also said: “From God I came forth and am here.”
Jesus never even suggested that he was God or was equal to him. So to teach such a thing dishonors Jesus.

“When the writers of the New Testament speak of God they mean the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. When they speak of Jesus Christ, they do not speak of him, nor do they think of him as God. He is God’s Christ, God’s Son, God’s Wisdom, God’s Word.

My suggestion is always to go to the bible for answers. John 1...."in the beginning was the Word, the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Word became flesh and dwelt among us."

Jesus was God made flesh. He is also the son of God, as He was born into this world the way any human is born into this world.

Just as we are tri-part being, body, soul, and spirit, God also is a tri-part being, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost. God had to come as a man to save us from the effects of Sin.

Back