Ps3 owners: Is 1080P viewing on the xbox 360, microsoft's version of blue ray?

nomad

Jun 26, 2008
Blu Ray has the backing of ALL major video production companies. It isn't going anywhere It's sales are increasingly rapidly. Your article is over a year old.

I've read more and more reports saying the Blueray would NOT last as long as DVD did because digtal downloads are coming much more popular. More Video on Demand services are coming out, which would weaken the use of blue ray playing.

Netflix has just made instant 1080P viewing on the xbox 360, ( though you do need a subcription to netflix), but with that the xbox 360 wouldn't *need* blue ray would it? ( i'm just asking).

The only thing I could see blue ray being of use then is the amount of storage to create games but If that was to happen then couldn't we just use the now, non -existant HD DVD which is more affordable?

I just wanted to see your thoughts.
Here is an article on CNET about this. ( well minus the HD DVD part)
http://news.cnet.com/8301-10784_3-9877031-7.html

The 1080p on xbox looks great, so do the bluerays on ps3. Most people cant even tell the difference between 720p and 1080p. I have them both, 360/ps3 and cant tell the difference on my tv(42 sony bravia). Plus the netflix is only $8 a month and you get unlimited free movies(not new releases) and 1 movie at a time. Its not so much Microsoft's answer to blueray as it is just meeting the demand for HD video that dominates todays market. As far as how long they will last who knows, only the consumers can dictate that.

viewing 1080p on xbox 360 is not any versin of blu ray blu ray thats the way technology is moving day by day the graphics on a blu ray compared to normal dvd is totally different ps3 is 7.1 channel full surround with upscaling features and full high definition is incredible

The xbox is not capable of full hd. The ps3 has 1.3 hdmi and the xbox has 1.2. Plus you can rent blu ray movies off the ps3 store. If you don't believe me look it up.

The xbox is not capable of full hd. The ps3 has 1.3 hdmi and the xbox has 1.2. Plus you can rent blu ray movies off the ps3 store. If you don't believe me look it up.

Back