Porsche 84' 944 running hot. It has only 16,500 actual miles. Lately the temp...

Bond

May 11, 2008
...gauge signals overheating.? Car runs great otherwise and I put it back in the garage when I see it overheating. So I would guess there is no damage to engine. The AC works fine, ice cold, but the heater is not blowing hot air. Could it be that the thermostat is gone. Or the water pump, or anything worse, even though the car has very low mileage, and it has never sat idle for long. Grateful for any suggestions.
Water (antifreeze) level is OK.

Hi there more likely thermostat or air in cooling system, not water pump as you would normally see water under engine compartment.

when cold take off radiator cap and start engine look for bubbles, if so let it run until no more bubbles, if bubbles persist it is possible a cylinder head gasket, if no bubbles replace cap and let system pressurise. i meant to say have heater motor on and set to hot. if after replacing cap heat does not blow out air vents then consider changing thermostat.
jock abbasrest.org

The 944 is not a real Porsche. Let it warm up briefly. Top radiator hose cold/ not hot. Thermostat.

Back