PLEASE HELP!!! does anyone know the name of this book?

Sarah

May 11, 2008
I know the story line, it is as follows: (mind you, i haven't read this book in years but i remember it vividly seeing as it was a favorite of mine when i was younger)

A teenage girl the summer before her senior year works at dairy queen, and one day she is asked to prepare two vanilla cones for two children. The father of these children is new in town, and a very good looking young man with blue eyes and light hair. They drive an expensive car and she is immediately intrigued, and somehow ends up baby sitting for these children (a little girl and her older brother) They live in a very big house and i recall one scene where the teenage girl paints the little girls fingernails and braids her hair. The town seems to buzz about the relationship between the father and the baby sitter, even though he is married to a pretty blonde woman. However, no one ever sees his wife because she is evidently an alcoholic. The one scene were the baby sitter meets the wife is in the bathroom, where she is throwing up from drinking and hung over. i remember a scene where the baby sitter has too put her in a cold shower to sober her up, and another scene at the end of the book where the wife and her husband get into a fight and she somehow cuts her finger very badly, and wraps it up in her white bathrobe. Another scene i remember very vividly was one where the baby sitter was in a tree house of some sort, or maybe they were at the carnival, but the father grabbed onto her ankle and they had a very intimate moment of staring into each other's eyes. The baby sitter also had a very good male friend named Cody i think it was, and he was in love with her and really did not like the family she worked for. At the end of the book they go to a homecoming dance and she wears a pink dress to show off her summer tan, and somehow ends up with Cody and as i remember it, he confesses his love for her after letting all of his anger out. One other very specific thing i remember is the description of the husband smelling like a spicy soap, a smell that the baby sitter very much enjoyed.

I believe the name of the book had something to do with the moon, and on the cover was a teenage girl with dark hair and a pink sweater sitting on a porch looking up at the night sky.

Please if anyone knows the name just reply to my post! thank you so much!

Back