Planning a trip to Los Angeles, California...would like some suggestions

marisol7426

Apr 21, 2008
and help please!? So me and my 3 friends are planning a trip to the Los Angeles area, planning for november 2009...(yes i know that it's a long way off, but i am a planner, i can't help it!) We are planning on staying for probably eight or nine days. I have been doing some research on the internet for hotels and such but so far the only places that really have caught my eye is
-The Westin Bonaventure Hotel
-The Chamberlain
-Le Parc Suite Hotel
-Elaines Hollywood Bed and Breakfast
-The Sanborn Guest House
If anyone else knows of any other nice hotels or bed and breakfasts also, what do you think of the ones i found? any good (willing to spend around $300-350 or so a night, but if you find places cheaper, yay!! don't forget there are 4 of us)
When it comes to things to do, i'm not really interested in most of the touristy things like, disneyland, graumans theatre...that kind of stuff is obvious...i would really just like some original suggestions of things to do that most tourists wouldn't know..also
would like some cool shopping suggestions...they don't have to be in LA, (but kind of close) if you know of cool places to go and shop and eat, or stay please let me know! I also am wondering how much we should budget for food...we aren't fast food people, so it would be sit down restaurants most likely, unless we stay somewhere where we can cook for ourselves...Also, we are planning on flying(we live in ohio, gas is too high to drive down there!) I am wondering though, is it better to rent a car or use public transportation?
Any help is fabulous....i just don't want to have a major touristy vacation (if that makes any sense...) if you need me to clarify or anything, just let me know and i will try...thank you!
...just remembered that we did want to spend a few days by the beach...is huntington beach good? we were looking at the hyatt huntington beach resort...jw.

Back