Planning a Paris vacation one day, was looking to get a rough idea of the costs?

fettweapon

Nov 1, 2012
I'm American and want to start saving for a France vacation one day. I've searched this place and other sites for this info but many of the answers were dated back to 07 so I was hoping to get some possibly updated info here.

1. There will be two of us, and as I have never flown before have no idea how much tickets would cost to get to Paris, France. I don't know if you have to purchase a ticket to get there and another to go back to the states or the ticket covers the cost of both leavings for example as I'm that clueless.

2. Not rich (hence this is something I want to start saving for) but I would like to stay in a nice part of the city that would offer a great view, particularly at night. Like I said, I'm not rich but as I'm simply saving now and have no idea when I'll ever end up going so it's possible I'll have a decent amount that can get me something really nice. Any recommendations for the nicest ones right in the city and also ones that are less expensive but still good? As this is something I'm really working toward I don't want to get cheap, especially since the flight alone I'm sure will cost a bit so I want to make the most of this when I'm there.

3. Not very familiar with the Euro values at the moment but just shooting this out for the hell of it would $300 US (whatever that translates in Euros, thinking maybe around 220-230 on the conversion) be decent for every day expenses like transportation, meals, sights, etc and NOT including lodging? You could label that as $2100 in the budget for everything except the lodging and plane tickets I guess really. I know there is never such a thing as 'too much' with all the shopping that could be done so is that too little or decent? I am not a shopper, so you won't see me springing for souvenirs and tourist junk; I'm basically there to see the sights and city...the person with me on the other hand will probably be the shopper in all probability. I just want the person to have a good time, let them shop, see the great sights and buildings, and enjoy some great dining.

I know no one can put exact numbers on any of this but I just want at least an idea of what I'll be looking at. Also, if I have to I can cut it down to 5 days if needed.

Back