People tell me I have no personality, sense of humor and I feel like a...

maddie

May 13, 2008
...disappointment to my mother? She wants me to be more outgoing, friendlier, and more of a social butterfly.

You see, when I was about two years old, I was the very definition of all these things. I was witty, had tons of enthusiasm and I used to be the star of my dance recitals. I had no problem going onstage.

As I grew older, I became more and more withdrawn. I was no longer the "fun, cute daughter full of energy"

I still love her and know that the feeling is mutual, however, I'm constantly told I'm like a "log" or "wall". The expression "talking to you is like talking to a wall" has become all too familiar for me.

In fact, When I was younger, my aunt used to get angry and refer to me as "mumbly peg"
For years, I was called that, and I can't even express how utterly furious I was every time I was called that.

Now I love my mom, but sometimes I feel like I'm a disappointment to her because I'm too quiet, too withdrawn, too boring and don't have enough friends

Moreover, my interests have evolved drastically change since then. I'm now interested in an assortment of things. They range from WW II, to women's gymnastics, to the fluidity and grace of prima ballerinas.

I spend a great deal of time writing "sermons/speeches".
They're about equality, equal rights for all people, freedom, love, non violence and courage, helping others making a (positive) difference and overcoming fear. (Another thing that does not interest many people I know.)

Of course this is, in addition to famous classical ballets, ancient classical music and poetry. (All boring)

I just feel like with a mixture of my shyness, interests & activities, People are turned off by me. In addition to that, I get told I have absolutely no sense of humor and I'm psychotic and a Buddhist. (Psychotic and Buddhist because I'm a vegetarian who doesn't like to harm any living things)

Back