Opinions please: SUV VS MINIVAN?

mommyof2t2010

May 7, 2013
My husband and I are looking to replace our Ford Explorer in December with a bigger vehicle. Now that our family has grown and I have to have the 3rd row up, there is no room for my double stroller, much less anything else. We live in the country, so I really like my 4WD in the winter but have heard the minivans do really well also. So my questions are for all the BIG SUV owners and minivan owners. What do you like about you vehicle? What do you dislike about your vehicle? How much room do you have? How does it handle in the winter? What problems have you had with your vehicle? Thank you in advance!
Hey, The Hard Truth, did you miss the detail that I HAVE ENOUGH KIDS TO TAKE UP 2 ROWS or are you blind? Unlike you, I value the SAFETY of my children and any others that I am transporting over having "nice things". I'm sorry if children aren't considered to be a "nice thing" in your eyes.
My vehicle was in an accident and the other car was totaled, where mine wasn't even dented. So, yes, I believe my vehicle is safe. As for calling me and the other people that posted names, that is COMPLETELY uncalled for.

you have a ford explorer.
and you want a bigger vehicle?

see this is why america cant have nice things.

essentially, you should buy a mazda minivan with a stick or a wagon.

and contrary to below, no you should not buy a dodge minivan or any other chrysler product. chrysler is at the bottom of basically every brand in its reliability. HAVE WE EVER LEARNED ANYTHING ABOUT THE 90'S CARAVANS? ARE YOU PEOPLE STUPID?

two rows. ok get a mazda minivan like i said, you idiot

and you accused me of not taking safety into account or caring about children? that ford explorer you put your kids in wasnt very safe, just so you know. so youre the one who isnt caring about your kids safety. you could essentially kill your children with a simple accident. how does that make you feel, you dumb twat. LOLOLOLOLOLOL

I will speak for my Mother who has never had a good experience with a van. She was always having to get it worked on. Although they have convenience they are very impractical because of may poor builds. If you do decided to go for a van I can only suggest the newer Dodge Caravans. They are suppose to be the best vans out there.
My neighbor used to use only vans but once she bought an SUV she was hooked. She highly recommends Honda Pilots.

EDIT: The NEWER (2010+) Caravans have great ratings in safety and JD Power. However I would still recommend a SUV over a van any day.

Back