OLYMPIC TICKETS!! - Anyone going to 2012 MA events?

jia

Mar 18, 2008
Have any MAP members have applied for 2012 tickets?

Was wondering what the uptake around here was like for boxing/tkd/judo...

Hell, anyone competing in these 3?

Have you seen the prices?

Best seat in on your own couch with a beer in your hand and £££s in your wallet.

Good luck! Be nice to know they went to someone who'd appreciate it rather than corporate block bookings

Agreed! Multiple screens and BBC Sport online saves the pennies.

Imagine paying for tickets for the finals of an event on the assumption that GB will win then having to watch the French or Australians after we've been knocked out!

I want to take my Sensei who has been a judo player for over 50 years ....and that would be a great treat for him ..

I am really a big softy !!!

Smurf

Nope - It's a total rip-off and con from start to finish - I probably won't even watch much of it on TV.

One exception, if Andrew Deer is on TV - TKD 80Kg - then I'll be cheering him on as we were at the same Uni for a while.

I said the same about the last one but when it was on I was glued to the TV for most of the events! Really enjoyed it and cannot wait for this one!
Was thinking about taking my daughter down for the judo but it was going to work out at nearly £100 each per day just for tickets without accommodation and food on top with the extra expense of it being London prices as well!

I was unsure of the Olympics being held in this country and I'm sure that there is a very valid arguement for the money being better utilised elsewhere.
I have been lucky enough though to have visited the olympic site through work and it is very impressive.
I was surprised at the sheer size of the place and the rate that it has been built is also impressive.
I hope that we do put on a very good games and that we do have some success. It would be nice to see lottery funded athletes doing well.

Back