Obama is president.

funny, thats EXACTLY what I said to my mrs this morning. I can only imagine how much security he will have now.

Here's hoping he treats the military with support (like Clinton didn't) but not as methods to increase his stock options (like Bush did).

And I agree with you, I do not envy the Secret Services job for the coming years.

This is the first time i remember there being bullet proof glass everywhere when the new pres makes his first speech on stage after the election.

Did his grandma die after seeing pictures of a recently excavated wall in Israel showing ancient pictures of him?

It's mildly ironic that Fire-quan the person railing against the collapse of societies morals in the Brand/Ross/Clarkson threads goes on to make a joke about what killed Obama's grandmother. Predictable though.

I'm glad Obama won. Yet still the thought lingers in my mind that for better or worse, we're committed now.

I'm not picking on you individually, but I think your attitude is representative of the dramatic, exaggerated, prima donna attitude that the entire European world takes toward American politics. I think it's ridiculous. You do realize that the president doesn't control our entire political system, in fact it's controlled more by the senate.

Additionally, the idea that the election of a silver tongued liberal largely funded by the decrepit corrupt banking industry is giving the entire world a collective sigh of relief is hilarious to me.

Here's hoping he'll be half the president that Clinton was. If Clinton is any representative of his party, the Democrats are far more fiscally conservative than the republicans.

I'm glad Obama was elected, simply because McCain was old, and if he died in office, we'd have Sarah Palin for president. THAT would be truly horrific.

I like looked at all the facebook statuses of my friends, and finding all the McCain people that are pissed off, and then realizing how similar they all are to each other in personality.

:grabs beer:

Cheers, rednecks!

Back