nutrition plan ideas...?

Phoebe

Jun 16, 2008
I'm a 14 year old recovered anorexic. I haven't had much trouble with weight lately, but I've been feeling rather uneasy about the way i'm eating lately. I tend to snack a lot, grazing on random things, not really being able to know exactly what i'm eating throughout the day. I just feel kind of weird not being able to recount what i've eaten. I'm not sure if my diet is actually healthy either. I would normally have wheat cereal in the morning with almond milk and half a banana for breakfast, and i often skip lunch. (either because i have too much work to do in school to make time or i've woken up so early on the weekend, i just have breakfast for lunch. For dinner it's whatever i make with my mom. It's usually some sort of chicken or fish, always with a vegetable like spinach or peas. I don't like fried food very much, but i do have a weakness to ice cream. I weigh 90 pounds and i am 5' 1". What should i really be eating on a daily basis?

I understand how you feel. I am also a snacker, and a recovered anorexic.

Instead of worrying about 'how much' your consuming worry about 'what' your consuming. You are at a healthy weight which means that your body will tell you when its full and when it's hungry. Think about eating a 'balance' of foods through-out the day. Think to yourself, "Have I eaten any protein today" or "Do I need some more fruit?" or "I think I should have some carbs to keep my energy up."

Keep snacks on you for when you are hungry through-out the day but don't have time for lunch (Snacks meaning things like granola bars, fruits, cheese, pretzlas, etc. Not popcorn or candy bars)

Your diet from the sounds of it is really good, eat healthier then most people I know. You may not want to skip out on lunch though, but understandable because I am usually busy with my school stuff. Just keep eating like that and you should be pretty good, but remember that I am not a doctor so if their is a major problem or you are feeling extremely bad, I would recommend seeing someone about it then.

Back