nuremburgring trip on sports bike?

GarryM

Jan 9, 2009
i want to do a five day trip on a sports bike setting of from hull and head down to the nuremburgring .has anybody done this sort of trip and can advse us on places to stay routes etc .thanks

Hi Garry.

I did this trip last year on my R1 with a mate of mine on an R6.
We took the N30 from Zeebrugge and joined the E40 motorway which goes via Gent, Brussels & Liege. Leave the E40 at J38 through Eupen and take the N67 to Monschau where you will cross the border from Belgium into Germany. From Monschau take the 258 all the way to the Nurburgring, passing through Schleiden and Blankenheim.

It takes around five hours to get to the ring from the ferry, the motorways through Belgium are free to use and the A roads in Germany are as smooth as billiard tables, although the Belgian roads are terrible, especially the concrete section from Eupen to the border.

We stayed at the ringhaus Hotel which is right next to the circuit entrance, it is the perfect place to stay. Really friendly owners who are more than willing to help out with any questions you have about the circuit, they have their own race team so are well clued up.

Check out these web sites for more info. www.nurburgring.org.uk/
This is Ben Lovejoys site, its a gold mine of information on the ring.

www.ringhaus.com This is the Hotel website, you can check availability and book on line, or just ring Frank or Stefan who own the place and speak perfect English.

I hope you find this info useful, you will have a fantastic time, the place is amazing if you get dry weather, and there are always loads of like minded friendly folk there who will give advice if you need it.

Have a great trip.

PS Don't head to "Nuremburg" You need "Nurburg".

Oh. Sounds nice. I advise to take the route your best travel agent suggests, or something of the sort.

Back