Non-torrent computer games?

Derek

May 13, 2008
I have a bunch of really old computer game titles, but none of them work on my new Windows 7 system as they are so old. Is there somewhere I can download a working modern copy of the games torrent free? Specifically I'm looking for Lego Loco, Lego Island, Mechwarrior 2, Tonka Construction, and Earthworm Jim. None of these games work on my current system and I would rather avoid torrents if I can. I own all the original disk hard copies for each of these games, I just can't install them. Is there somewhere to get torrent free downloads of them?

No. you could buy the games again off GOG.com or similar sites (they'd probably be about $5 each) but there's nowhere to just download old games for free, legally.

What you should do is look for fan-made patches. They'll patch the game up to run on modern systems, and you can even find ones that'll add content, or update the graphics, or even just run in wide-screen mode. Just do some googling. For lesser-known games like Tonka Construction you might be SOL, but for games like Earthworm Jim and Mechwarrior 2, I'm sure you can find something.

Lastly, you should definitely just try running those games in compatibility mode. Right click on the game executable and click on the "run in compatibility mode" box, then select whatever operating system the game was originally designed for (Windows 98, etc) that might work

Back