Need help with car audio?

darian

Jun 3, 2008
I've been doing research on improving my cars audio for a little while now but am a complete noob and need some help!

First off I drive a 2009 accord ex-l v6 coupe. I'm not quite sure on the speaker size. It's a 7 speaker system including an 8 inch sub. This summer I will be looking into improving my cars audio. For speakers I was looking at the boston acoustics pro50 se, the alpine spx13pro, or spr13s as a more cost friendly option. are the first two over kill? Would I be better off going with type r or x? Obviously the x will produce better sound but is it worth the hefty price tag? and which is considered to produce better equipment, BA or alpine? I know a lot of these are opinion and I will be testing before I buy to make the ultimate choice but would like some input from audio gurus.

Secondly I would also like to install 2 12 inch subs in my car. I am looking at the alpine type r's or the boston acoustic g212's. What do you recommend? I was also wondering about the 2 ohm, dual 2 ohm, 4 ohm etc etc meant? Is it related to the amp? Also what would be a good enclosure to buy for either of these subs?

Lastly my biggest hole in knowledge is amps. I know they are required for the amount of power the system needs but what amp would I need for the systems I am proposing above? What companies make good amps? Do alpine and BA make good quality amps?

As you can see I have only suggested alpine and BA since I have heard good things about them. Feel free to suggest other brands!

Last question does honda have a usb hookup for ipods I could purchase for my 09 accord?

Cheers
Also the new type r thin subs is the price tag so large just because the size decrease? do they produce similar sound to the regular type r's?

Back