My vw keeps cutting out?

Siobhan

Apr 8, 2008
My boyfriend and I recently bought an old vw pasadena for him to get around locally. Without any prior notice the car cut out and wouldn't start. We called Auto Assistance who had a little fiddle with some wiring and said that should help. It started but then cut out again whilst driving. We got it towed to a local work shop. They had the car for a week and we were charged for them cleaning out the injector (something). Not more then 300 metres from the shop the car cut out again, we thought it was cold but it kept happening and eventually wouldn't start at all so we towed it back. They've now had the car for two weeks, when my partner called yesterday they said they didn't know what the problem was.... Can anyone help? We wanted to service the car and change the filters anyway, will that help? This is quite a renowned garage, should we move it though to somewhere else. Obviously its a pretty cheap car and we don't mind putting a bit of money back into it, but we want to know when to cut our losses in the eventuallity that we need to buy another one...Would appreciate any suggestions that we can bring to the current mechanic. Thanks

Back