my parents are "iffy" about jeep wranglers?

DianeJ

Sep 27, 2008
ive pretty much been obsessed with wranglers for 2 years now and plan on getting one when i get my license. my dad had a cj back in his teen days and "regretted" it. he said he's fine getting the newer unlimited 07 08 for me. i plan on getting a job to buy my own mods (tires, lights, rims, lift, etc) my dad is scared that i will roll my jeep and isn't too cool with me taking the doors off and stuff. i keep telling him that it's not the 1980s anymore when wranglers used to be really dangerous! the newer wranglers are so much more secure and safely built unlike the older ones (like my dad had), i really look up to the wrangler as my car and he is still stuck thinking the newer ones are bad and just like the older ones. his friend rolled in his jeep years ago and that also gives my dad "reasons".. what can i tell him to let him know that wranglers are actually more built and tested? I may sound like a brat but i want a jeep!!!! i'm 7 months away from getting my learners permit and i know that i shouldn't be wasting my life on this already but this just shows how much i research and calculate my expenses. is this bad? im just obsessed and rush things too fast! any advice or experience please. from jeep owners

Have him look at the Wrangler you are talking about. After seeing it he may change his view.

Back