My laptop is not accepting virus protection- won`t connect/gets error msg

HannahD

Jun 1, 2008
(desperate newbie)? So i messed up another computer about 1,5 y ago- it just didn`t connect to internet anymore one day (after slowing down for weeks) and now this one is total pain and so slow (has been for a few weeks too). I have tried different free virus protections, but avg free just ran aout a few days ago and now it`s just a mess. tried to install ad-aware, spybot and kaspersky free programs, but the all stop at installation and do not connect to internet/get cancelled (i did remove avg from registry, but i`m really afraid to go there and touchj anything, since that`s how my last comp got all messed up).

i have a laptop toshiba, vindows vista and i`m SO WORRIED- PLEASE help out a newbie!
WHERE IS THE REPKY BUTTON?
I must be really stupid or distracted by fear of losing n=my laptop too :S

_ i have also question- where do i find the downloadable files after they`ve been cancelled to try again? (I`ve been just doenloading them over and over again from that website, but i dodn`t think it`s right)

yeah, i should not be let behind the computer, but that`s my best buddy :D- jsut having a bad flu...

anyway- I can`t download even one program down- it ALWAYS cancels, so i don`t have the problem of having several at once in my laptop.

Back