My itouch 4g set its own passcode! How do I reset it?

TravisKeliiheleua

Oct 15, 2011
I bought this ipod this summer and I loved it. It was jail broken when I bought it but it had been restored and I kept it jail broken. Recently the ipod just shut off by itself! And when I turned it on it asked me my regular password (the one with the dots!) and then after it asked for a number pass-code. But I had NEVER put a number pass-code. I've tried everything I could think of, 0000, 0123, 1234 and all the other easy ones. BUT NOTHING.
I also tried to restore/reset it. I did the turn off then hold home while connecting it etc... however, when i get to itunes to restore it a box pops up saying "choose a file: itunes" and i have no files to choose from.

WHAT DO I DO?? :(

I think you may have to hard reset it (home + sleep button) and then dfu mode it.
Press the sleep button for 3 seconds. Quickly click the home button at the same time for 10 seconds and than release the sleep button and keep pressing the home button for 15 seconds more.

FYI: do this while its plugged in.

It will prompt you to restore.
You can download the firmware at felixbruns(dot)de

Restore by pressing shift and than the restore button.

Search for the firmware on your comp and bam.

FYI: This will delete everything.

It was a mistake to jail brake or buy a jail broken iPod Touch. Now you'll have to send it to Apple and pay them to do a hard reset of your iPod.

Back