My Blackberry Curve 3G Smartphone's trackpad is not working?

Mar 8, 2011
I have had it for about six months now and has worked fine (a lot better than the trackball) but in the past few days it hasn't been picking up on my touch. Not only does it not pick up on the up/down/left/right swipes, when i press it (as if to open an application/messages/etc) it doesn't work either. I have tried a battery pull multiple times for various amounts of time and it would be very inconvenient for me to try to get a new one (especially since i will be out of town for the next week). Please help if you can.

Do you have VZW?

Go to a store, explain your situation with going out of town and ask if they can give you a CLR. (Certified Like-New Replacement). If they have it in stock, they should comply. If they don't, just kindly ask to speak to the manager (make him or her come out and don't settle for the rep to go back and negotiate). Only way they won't is if you got it wet...

Pros: You get your replacement same day

Cons: You get a refurbished phone.

Make sure to back up you BB with your computer before you go using the desktop software provided in the box. If you lost it, visit blackberry.com/software for a free download.

Back