My Blackberry 9360 froze during the software update (7.1 OS). Can somebody...

Chace

Apr 24, 2008
...please help me? My My Blackberry 9360 froze during the software update (7.1 OS). Can somebody please help me?
Yesterday, I downloaded the Blackberry 7.1 OS software and upon installation, it froze. It is currently in the backup process and it has remained unmoved on 16%, with social feeds on 0%. I have tried everything, I have removed my battery but it just reverts back to the same update page everytime. I cannot use my phone, my network is off and it's been 16 hours since I initiated the download. What can I do? Should I wait it out and hope that it resolves itself? I absolutely need my phone, and it's frustrating seeing as though there seems to be no indication as to when and if it will be completed. I have researched the problem and it seems that many Blackberry users have experienced the same thing, although I cannot find out if the problem eventually corrected itself. Please, please help me if you encountered this. Thanks

try hooking it up to a computer, and then loading a new os to it:
http://everythingberry.com/forum/threads/how-to-upgrade-a-blackberry%E2%80%99s-operating-system.234/

Back