My BitTorrent client doesn't work?

Hazaehaxa

Oct 9, 2011
I've tried both utorrent and bittorrent but neither of them did anything. Whenever adding torrents it wouldn't even start downloading them and when I click on find content it doesn't even do anything it's just a blank window. It can't be my connection because I never had problems doing anything else on the internet and downloading stuff normally is reasonably fast. I don't know why it never does anything!
OK so I did the test and it said "Port is not open (You are still able to download)". Also the speed test failed. How do I open the port?
Also, I am on a university campus.

Disable your firewall, uninstall utorrent and download a new latest version and install it. http://filehippo.com/download_utorrent/
And after that load good torrent files from torrentz, there cud be many corrupt or very bad files. Always find torrent files which are pretty healthy.

Honestly it most likely has something to do with your computer since Utorrent itself as an extremely polished program.

Are you using a router? Are you on a college campus? if you answered yes to either of these then there's a good chance you don't have the required ports opened for the program to function properly

Go to Utorrent.com and download the latest version, press (CTRL+G) to run the setup and make sure its connecting properly, if it says its OK then there's a good chance the torrent you're attempting to download doesn't have any seeds AKA people to download from

Back