my bike won't rev past 70mph?

AnthonyH

May 13, 2008
ok,my bike was in a flood and when I got it back out the shop they got it running...so when I went to ride it...it won't go hardly,it would feel like it goes and cuts off on how fast it will go!when I turn it on and twist the throttle the rpms will go about 10k then start going down! I put new gas in it and the bike shop said they did too! says on paperwork when I got it back to ride for a little and change the oil again...I'll go up to last gear and it won't go past 70mph...the bike place wanted me to bring the bike back and see if the chipset got wet for another 150 bucks...that don't sound right to me cause I just paid them 300 just to get any water out! they said the first spark plugs blew and now it starts fine and it sounds great!then they said bring the bike back and it will cost another 150 bucks to see if chipset got wet but I been searching google and if that got wet them the bike wouldn't run! what do I do? the bike is a 2005 gsxr 600!! I don't know how to reply on here when someone comment, please if you need more detail email me if you need response or I can read on here as to what to do!

I had suffered a similar fate with my bike a few years ago. I too promptly carted my bike to the service station to get it going again. Had to foot a hefty bill to get it going again. BUT it was not the same.

The message I am trying to give here is that all bikes which have been submerged in a flood are basically write off vehicles. In short, they are worthless. However we cannot bring ourselves to part from our prized possession and hence we keep trying to bring them to normal.

The fact remains that the water damage is so deep that it pervades into every tiny corner, every switch, every tiny crevice of the bike which are not possible to service. Find a replacement soon. Or keep on changing everything part by part from time to time. Rust is another problem which may rear its ugly head in due course.

Back