My bike is making a clicking noise is it okay ?

Mohammed

Jun 25, 2008
So I just got a new bike a week ago, I'm 12 years old so it's not a big bike. I think it's a medium sized mountain bike about 20" frame size (not sure thou) so I've been riding it around the area but when im riding it and I shift into gear 5 it's starts doing a light clicking noise. On gear 6 the noise increases and finally gear 7 the noise is at its peak. Is it okay for that noise to happen or does it need fixing ?
Other than that the bike is perfect.
Thanks

A 20" frame is a large bike. Make sure you are using gears that keep the chain running straight. No small or large front and rear sprockets at the same time.

Yes that is a problem, i am a bike mechanic, and from what it sounds like, your rear dérailleur is not adjusted right. Go onto youtube and look up videos on "how to adjust your rear derailleur." That will get you to what you need. also you could consider that bike a small mountain bike.

Keep on Biking....

You could be going crosschained or the cable needs a bit adjusting. That is normal as the cable stretches and will stretch for several weeks until it settles.

If you have 3 rings on the front, you should be abler to ride all the gears on the back from that one or maybe all except the two extremes.

Back