Movie on Demand Distribution For Indie Filmmaking Cats

lancyly

Mar 23, 2011
asdfasf
Like many independent filmmakers out there I was disappointed with how the traditional distribution deals for my movies turned out. This is kind of like my Jerry Maguire moment. It's 6 AM on a Saturday and I'm on my laptop. Making smaller budget movies outside of Hollywood without name stars severely limits your distribution options. 9 out of 10 times it leads to a filmmaker signing a deal with a independent distribution company that doesn't pay off. You basically sell the rights to your movie for pennies on the dollar. Not to mention your sweat equity and creative energy that goes unrewarded. Bottom-line is most independent filmmakers don't come close to breaking even with these type of distribution deals. It's down right frustrating.After going through this myself I started to rethink if making independent movies was worth it. Then my friend The sopranos dvd set Dexter dvds, editor Tim Beachum Alias complete series Friends seasons 1-10 dvd Sharpe box set Alias seasons, who follows tech trends in entertainment told me Alias complete dvd Queer as folk complete set Damages on dvd The a team uk dvd box, "You love to make movies. Don't stop. Just rethink how to get your movies distributed to viewers." I watch videos on YouTube Entourage full set dvds The next generation box set uk sex and the city complete series dvd box set - new Entourage serie Boston legal dvd box set Star wars box, MetaCafe Queer as folk complete set Star wars dvd box set The hills the complete series box Doctor who full set dvds The west wing complete boxset, Dailymotion and other sites. Free content is cool Star wars on dvd Six feet under complete box set Family guy dvd box set all seasons, but independent filmmakers need to earn money from their work like the rest of the world. Free doesn't pay the bills. Then I started to look into sites that offered movies on demand for a modest fee. I saw that this might be the best platform to get my movies seen by viewers and hopefully earn a living.I started to research how different movie on demand sites worked. Netflix "Watch Now" Downloads is revolutionizing the way viewers get their movies. Hollywood dominates the movie on demand market Felicity box set, but independent movies are carving out a their own place. Independent filmmakers no longer have to shoulder the cost of DVD replication and packaging. Some independent distributors charge filmmakers as much as $4 for these costs on top of their distribution fees.Offering your movie on demand eliminates that. Not knowing exactly how to jump into the movie on demand market I enlisted the help of respected independent film representative Mark Steven Bosko of The Bosko Group. Great guy. He secured a movie on demand deal for 3 reality videos I produced while I took a break from making movies. The videos are available to viewers on most major cable and satellite outlets. There are no high DVD replication How I met your mother box set, packaging Star wars dvd set Star wars box Leave It to Beaver dvds, and distribution fees. Movies on demand is a digital process. Once your movie is encoded it can be streamed to viewers.I have to give credit where credit is due. Editor Tim Beachum said The a team entire series, "Why don't we make a wide range of videos for mobile devices?"I was an independent filmmaker used to the traditional way of getting movies distributed. Now I can see that the movie on demand process gives filmmakers a wide audience and a real opportunity to earn money for their hard work. Movies on demand has leveled that playing field. Digital distribution has made it an exciting time to be a filmmaker. It has renewed my creative spirit.

Back