Motorcycle Enthusiasts

You waited for warm weather??????? Heck no!! Put the windshield on and rode through the winter!!! I definitely am liking the nice days though!!

Update on my bike after that little spill I had:

The cobra light bar was bent. Didn't want to pay another 240 bucks for a new one, but luckily for me a member of a bike forum I go to had just the bar portion of it and sold it too me for shipping ($15), got some lights off ebay ($30) and the signals were still good. So all in all much cheaper!

The front fender was trashed. Got a fender off of a 2008 C109 from Ebay for 30 bucks shipped. It isn't the exact same style, but it was a direct swap. I am going to paint the bike myself, so I decided to leave the fender off until I get the paint job done.

Since I am going to paint, but don't want the down time of it, I got a used/dented tank, a cracked rear fender, and new side covers all off of ebay. Put those on the bike and I am in the process of sanding down all my good parts.

Also added a Thunder MFG air cleaner, Jardine 2-1 exhaust, Jumbo Strong hard bags (in primer), and new LED tail light.

To see what it looked like before the accident go back a few pages (pg 30 or so??), here's some current ones of what I call FRANKENBIKE!!!!!

I've had a couple of meetings with my usual summer riding group and funnily enough we ended up doing the same roads I took Dean pillion on when he was visiting the UK.

Dean and I had a blast that day and I'm sure he was there in spirit, probably egging me on with a big grin on his face

Enjoy the sunshine and keep safe folks

Mitch

Yea I ride in the winter also but what windshield? I still ride with an open face helmet all year long. It’s just nice to be able to ride with a T shirt and vest.
Nice to see you are getting your scooter fixed up.
You go to any runs? There is one coming up soon in Chesapeake here is some info for it. The wife and I plan on making this one.

I began riding when I was 10. Started with a Kawasaki Enduro 100. Then moved up to the KX-125 Dirt Bike...eventually got 2 KX-250's, and when I turned 14...I got my first street bike...a Ninja 600.

Took a break riding for a while when I first joined the Marines...too many deaths by crotch-rocket.

When I was close to getting out, I bought myself a nice present.

The bike I currently own and ride is a 2005 American Ironhorse Tejas - Pro Street Chopper.

Take a gander:

Open face???????????

No, I didn't see that run in time. Dang. I try to go but my wife always wants to go with which means a sitter and that can be hard for us sometimes.

Gotta keep an eye on the net for more runs with this great weather we have been having......yesterday excluded.

Open face can be any helmet with out a face shield of any kind. It can be any thing from a ¾ to the type I use (see picture below).

It was a good ride. We covered quite a bit of ground down into North Carolina. Neither the wife or I won anything but that’s OK we had a good time.

I’ll let you know here if I know of any runs that look good as I hear about them and you can do the same for me.

A beautiful young woman with a real zest for life and the kind of positive attitude that we should all aspire to lost her life tonight, pursuing the hobby she loved.

She was an experienced, confident, capable rider; fast on the track, sensible on the road.

When I joined a riding group a couple of years ago she and her partner were extremely welcoming and friendly, making me feel at home immediately.

I don't know the details of her accident yet and in reality they don't really matter. Whilst mourning a sad loss we have to celebrate a life lived full of enthusiasm, friendship and joy.

So RIP Lucie; and for MAPs riders, let's take extra care out there and next time you're having a really fun spin on your bike, pick a bend and smile through it for her.

Mitch

Lucie, on her Triumph, faster than the boys as always.

My condolences to her family and friends.
I hope her and Dean are riding the twisteys and the long straight-aways in a place where the weather is always great for a ride.

RIP Lucie

I have been dirt riding for about 15 years now. As for the street, it's been just over 4. I currently ride a 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 500, and it has totally changed my opinion about sport bikes. I'm still a cruiser guy and I am currently restoring a 1983 HD FXR.

Although I'm a sportsbike rider I'd love to see pics of the restoration project if you have any

One of these days I'm going to make myself an old school Cafe Racer, once I have some free time. 2040 is looking good so far

Mitch

It is back home in Minnesota but the next time I go home on leave I will take some. It is going to be a long project considering I get to work on it mabe 20 days out of the year, but it was my fathers so it has some sentimental value for sure.

Cafe racers are awesome. I almost bought a used Triumph Scrambler just because of how much it was modeled after the old cafe racers.

I want a blue 250 Ninja, my current dream. I got my bike temps a few months ago, so it would be my beginner bike. At the moment I don't have the money for it however.

My boyfriend has a Yellow Ducati 748, and it is majestic.

Back