Mobil1 did not replace oil before driving out SUV,what could be damaged?SUV

chris

May 12, 2008
not starting? I took my honda pilot to mobile 1 lube express (Miami) for an oil changed, and also had the air filter replaced. I paid and they drove the vehicle out of the bay to the pickup area 15 feet from the bay. I started the car to leave and the oil and battery light was on, so I turned it off. I called the employee to enquire about the light, and he turned on the vehicle a minute later the engine stopped,, and there was a cluck. From that moment the engine would not start again. They then realised that no one replaced the oil after it was drained so the engine was empty. They put the oil in after that but it was too late.They accepted responsibility and a police report was filed for the records. They will have it towed to their certified master mechanic for examination and cover all expenses. I was wondering what could have been damaged. Do I need a new engine. I plan to have it examined by the Honda dealership after it is fixed. We wanted to take it to the dealer to begin with since we had that option, but according to Mobil 1 Lube Express's policy. they will pay the lower of the two cost to fix it since dealers are expensive, and will want to replace the engine.

Back